( Spoilers for SN and Eleventh Hour. )
1. ( Flashpoint (spoilers) )
2. Numb3rs was a rerun, but I barely noticed because I was too busy being in love with this fic: "Mind Games". Seriously. I might wear out my refresh button waiting for her next update.
Checked out Lie to Me yesterday. Hulu's five-week rolling stock of episodes meant it only goes back till ep 4, but I've officially seen 4 until now. It's good stuff.
Although, when I watched the Castle pilot after that, I kept getting distracted by their facial expressions, lol. Castle's good too, though. Actually, even better, really. I couldn't stop laughing. :D Looking forward to catching up more.
In other news, I get emails from FanStory for the prompts, and recently I got one for a "flash" (500-800 words isn't flash to me, but hey) story with the prompt "the secret". Having just read Luna, well, I was inspired. I figured if I could manage to write 500 words, I'd submit it. I could use $100, y'know?
Unfortunately, when they say "contests are free to writers", they don't mean they're not free to everyone else, they mean you have to have a paid subscription to participate. I know I've got some writers on my flist. Anyone had experience with FanStory? It gives off that "scam" vibe more than Poetry.com ever thought of doing, if you ask me. I don't know if it's worth it. Not least because if you win second or third you get member dollars, and then I'd feel like I had to stay and use them. So what do you guys think? Should I go for it? Once I get the ending of the story pinned down I'll post it over at FictionPress and link it from here so you can check it out, but I'm pretty pleased with it.
One more thing: I got a research assistant position with my old Logic prof. It's pretty terrific. :D
Missed Mentalist last night (you bet I'll be torrenting it) to meet with my group for the speech we were supposed to have today. Then today I get there and I'm hyperventilating and shit (like, for real, I was all tingly) and then the sub couldn't get the video camera to work so she cancelled class instead. *g* I'll be more prepared for Friday, honest.
Oh, and after that, I walked over to Goddard and rescheduled my rescheduled appointment, and as I was leaving the receptionist called me Justin. I didn't even know the people at the desk knew my real name! :D And then she was all "is that alright?". Of course it is! Silly receptionist.
Also I had a really good broccoli-cheese bread bowl from Quizno's. So I'm having a pretty freaking good day. Suprisingly enough. :)
Now to go change for work so I'm not late.
( TV. )
( College. (Computers, and conservatives.) )
( And more things. Long things. )
ETA 2: Oh, and Barnes & Noble was having a sale on "paperback favorites", and they included a lot of Gaiman, so I had to get hooked up. And now my books are here! I got Stardust, American Gods, and a short story collection by Joe Hill called 20th Century Ghosts. I read another story in the last one already, and um wow. Yeah. Greatness. :DDD <3
Had a pretty great birthday, too. Best part was the PostSecret thing.
( Funny story under the cut. ) Classic.
And The Mentalist owned on Tuesday, too. Jane is really something.
And now for some tab/window closing:
Prop 8: The Musical via slashprop8
Eleventh Hour gets five more hours
Funniest XKCD strip ever
Interviews with the (original) Being Human cast (Man, Russell and Guy have some great stories, lol.)
And on that note, BuddyTV's 13 Dangerously Sexy Bloodsuckers. Clearly, the folks at BuddyTV are unfamiliar with Being Human. Dracula over Mitchell? I think not.
Okay, time for Eleventh Hour!
6. Re: Therapy, well, there goes my last shot at getting a script (or at least a letter) by my birthday. Oh well. I've already waited this long, right?
7. Re: Nano. It was Transgender Day of Rememberance two days ago, so I started some Samverse. It's still not finished, but I've got plenty to edit around and add to until it stops sucking. Day 20 word count: 125, day 21 word count: 110. All in the same story. So hopefully it'll get done soon. *cough* After all the homework I have to do today, of course.
8. Apparently LiveSearch took away all the good prizes and gave me back the tickets I paid for the headphones. And now all my headphones are broken and I don't have any more coming. Sadface.
First, NaNo.( NaNo stuff. )
( Therapy, T, and my neuroses, lol. )( GLBTF and TV. )
Second, other stuff:
ETA: And I have a funny story! Yesterday in PMath, the professor was like, "So now... this is kind of like a game." And he writes on the board "Next GAME" and I'm sure the guy next to me and I were not the only ones who lost spectacularly at that moment. It was hilarious. PS, you lose.
( 10 Things That Happened This Week )
I'm sure there's other stuff I haven't mentioned, but I've got homework and laundry to do, so I'll stop here. Later!
ETA: And NaNo's tomorrow! This ought to be... interesting.
Things of note:
1. The other earbud on my iPod headphones broke. That leaves, out of two pairs of headphones, 0.5 that works. I hope my new ones from LiveSearch come soon.
2. On Sunday, I ran into one of those people from last semester that I've been avoiding because the whole "btw, I transitioned" thing is so awkward. His name's Jimmy and he works at the caf, and it was extra awkward because he saw me and recognized me but couldn't remember my name. I went through my options and eventually just managed, "Um. Actually, I changed it. It's Justin." He was just like, "Oh, okay" -- which I expected, but it's still awkward whether or not they're good people. *shrug*
3. The RA friended me back. No comment or anything. Haven't seen her since then.
4. At the caf today, they had hot chocolate cobbler, and it was definitely that kind of day (y so windy, Oklahoma?). So I get some after dinner and turns out they're out of vanilla ice cream. "We only have strawberry ice cream," says the girl working there, very apologetically. ONLY? Hot chocolate cobbler (which, for those who've never had the pleasure, is effectively undercooked brownie batter) and STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM? That sounded like whole new levels of awesome, and so I was all over that. It was delicious. In the future, cafeteria, please make it known that you have strawberry freaking ice cream. And don't be so sorry about it! That's a highlight, not a drawback, y/y?
4. I think I'll do another vlog soon.
5. Cross your fingers that inspiration for that futurefic for writing_game comes tonight.
As for Eleventh Hour, still good. Hood managed to remind me even more of Charlie Eppes this episode. I think it was the multitude of markerboards. Best scene? The carbon monoxide part, of course. And "'What should we do?' 'Go through the doors, like normal people.'"
In other news, I had one lab practical yesterday (piece of cake), the other one today (less easy, but I only really had trouble on one question; thankfully the guy in my lab group got to me outside the room first and warned me about the units on another question that I may have screwed up otherwise -- and yes, I did pay that forward to a guy in the hallway afterwards), and I got back last week's terror of a Logic assignment (got a 45%, which was more than I deserved for how late I started and how little I managed to do; thankfully, they're not individually worth all that much, and I've pwned all the rest).
Finally, I'm sure there was something else I'd intended to mention, but I can't think of what it might have been, so have some links instead:
Slate: "Why is everyone saying "fail" all of a sudden?"
"Keeping the beat for CPR? Hum 'Stayin' Alive'" (PS: The last line of this is epic win in a macabre kind of way. :))
And the winner of most-awesome-link-of-the-day: A YouTube vid from Ellusionist. They're making me want to get back into street magic -- I want that so bad. That and the quarter-in-soda-can DVD. Yes plz. So what if my hands are too small and uncoordinated to even do something as simple as the throw-vanish? I'm sure I can find tricks I'm better at if I look hard enough. Right? Maybe? I hope so. I need my other Ellusionist DVD; I haven't watched it in ages, and I should really pick it up again. I miss magic.
ETA: 1. I don't know how I didn't think of this until now, but there really needs to be an 11H/Numb3rs crossover. Heck, they're on the same network, they could do it on TV! It would be awesome!
2. Shit, where the heck is my backpack? I think I left it in the caf. D: Gonna have to go get that tomorrow morning.
( Today (4-7) )
ETA (9:02pm): Why can't I ever catch a break? Someone's watching a CSI:Miami marathon over in the TV lounge, and a huge group of people is watching some anime thing on the first floor. I wonder how much I'd have missed if I go up to the 12th floor really fast...
ETA (10:02pm): Hooray for the study hall having a TV lounge. Numb3rs was pretty terrifically angsty, but I guess this means I'm going to have to catch it next week, too; I need to see the conclusion to this story arc.