First, the TV rambling, of course, to make it easier for those who aren't interested to skip it. ( TV (QL, Mental, Psych, et al) )
Relatedly, I've been all over the place fandom-wise since I got reacquainted with the internets. First, BuddyTV links I've been saving for you guys:
The Five New Shows You Must Watch This Fall
Lucifer is Coming: How SN Stole Twitter
Oh, and speaking of Supernatural, ( spoilers, and my thoughts on the s5 premiere, 'Sympathy for the Devil'. )
I was also introduced to these Twilight-series recaps last weekend and they pretty much ate my weekend because they're awesome. The basic point is that she's reading the books so we don't have to, because they're that bad. Heh. And they sure sound it. I mean, Edward twirling part of her engine around in his hands while he gives her that little guilt-trip? Drop it in Criminal Minds and it'd almost be great writing. I don't know how anyone can think he's romantic/a good boyfriend/not a sociopath. *shudder* But so as not to offend, that's all I'll say about that, too. (Oh, except that I woke up the other day with a QL/Twilight bunny in my head. I'll just wait till she makes it through Breaking Dawn and then I'll take a crack at that, because boy would it be an improvement. And Sam roundhouse-kicking Edward wouldn't hurt, either. :))
Finally, in the last
1. I think my new Dexter book is here. Tomorrow the post office opens and I can go get my package. Omgyay.
2. Despite the fact that I don't really like the song and am not completely sold on the ship, this vid (NSFW) is without a doubt the best one in the Dark Blue fandom. Seriously. Watch it. You don't have to have seen the show, and this will make you want to.
3. I am in love with both "Wizard's First Rule" by Terry Goodkind (440ish pages/836, and counting), and the TV series, Legend of the Seeker, that was based off those books. We're talking "watched one episode, found the entire series on Hulu on legendoftheseeker.com (go to the 'full archive' tab), and watched the entire 22-episode first season within the space of two weeks" kinds of love. If you need more encouragement than that to watch it: Craig Horner, who plays the MC, looks like the lovechild of Stuart Townsend and Misha Collins. And there's swordfights. Lots of them. I'm serious, guys. (And you have plenty of time to catch up! Season 2 premieres Nov. 7. Go, go, watch and enjoy!)
Onto other things:
( Some news links, some news on how the name change is progressing, and some random. ) Here's the two best vids I've found for LotS, just to give you even more reason to watch and to make sure you don't miss them: one to Breaking Benjamin's "Blow Me Away" and a shippy one to Natalie Merchant's "My Skin".
Okay, that's all. Until next time. Which hopefully will be sooner than, say, NaNo. ;)
ETA: The documentary referred to in this (good) article about a trans British boy is now available on YouTube. Here, if anyone's interested.
ETA 2: Also, ( risking TMI ).
Things that happened a little closer to home today:
( Cut for GIANT TEAL DEER re: school )
And I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that'll do it for now. I'm gonna watch the Mentalist tonight, and Psych at some point on Hulu, and then there's classes tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of places to ramble on about anything else I forgot, lol.
( PS: YouTube needs to go DIAF. )
In other news, this pisses me off, too: Priest: No Communion for Obama voters (because of abortion, of course). Really, guys, there's a billion other things the next President has to worry about besides whether he's going to tick off one half of the country or the other by going anywhere near Roe v. Wade. So what's the big deal?
These are funny, though: Dear Mr. President-Elect, Please Take Me Off Your Spam List (I lol because it's TRUE) and Why I'm Giving Up On GPS Devices.
And finally, another interesting link: Girls with Asperger's. (Now, would this apply to female-bodied guys, do you think?)
Off to watch SN and 11H now.
Hells yes. Obama elected 44th President. I am so ridiculously happy.
In other news:
- The election distracted me, but I'm working on a chunk of the SN/ML for Caitlin and mini_nanowrimo. Counting my notes about the plot for the larger story arc, I've already met word count.
- I plan to bring up T again with my therapist on Thursday. Here's hoping he and Goddard can be more helpful than most of my Googling was. But hooray for getting the ball rolling, anyway.
- Caitlin wrote me QL. And it's awesome. :D
ETA: Aw, hell, California. I thought you folks were smarter than this. When will the majority of straight people figure out that gay marriage isn't about them? D:
2. And got my hair cut.
3. And got a new ID, in which I look ten years old and strangely round, but don't have long hair, so it was so worth the $15.
4. Actually managed to finish most of the homework that was due today.
5. My intro post on yalitlovers. There be book recs and the pros and cons of Robert Cormier. :)
6. I just did laundry on Sunday, and I had to go do more laundry today because I forgot to wash my binder and my work clothes. Stupid me. And then I went and forgot to not put the binder in the dryer. *facepalm* At least it was the old one.
7. Working on SN futurefic for writing_game. With any luck, I'll have it done before the board closes.
8. Looking forward to GLBTF tomorrow. Hopefully Kali will be reminded to hook me up with that info she promised.
2:00 this afternoon, we had another fire alarm. For God's sake, that's two in about twelve hours.
In other news,
1. My Sam/Ruby is not coming along.
2. Neither is my homework.
3. I can't stop listening to "I Approve This Message" by Roy Zimmerman.
4. And speaking of, I checked the mail today, and my ballot's here. I am totally voting for President. This is so exciting. :D *is a dork*
ETA: 5. This (SN) fic is so gorgeous. F'realsies. "Tea"
Arielle couldn't come to see RZ with me, because her bf has her car, and she waited too damn long to tell me this, and now it's already fucking 7:00 and it takes me a half hour to walk there and fuuuuck I don't get to go. I've been looking forward to this for months! DDD: Fuck not having a car. DDDDD:
ETA: But look, SNL. Lol, "Think about that. That doesn't even make sense." "Maybe not to you, but you're not a maverick."
ETA 2: Just watched SN 4x02. I have so much love for this show. Seriously.
"...The real disturbing thing about Sarah is her mind-set. It's her underlying belief system that will influence how she responds in an international crisis, if she's ever in that position, and has the full might of the U.S. military in her hands.
"...this person's election would be a disaster for the country and the world."
Dear God. Do not want. DDDDD:
That is all.
P.S.: Psych was made of lulz. "None of them had an IQ over 40. One couldn't even confirm the spelling of their own name." Hehe.)
P.P.S.: GLBTF yesterday was also made of lulz. Ah, safer sex, how entertaining you are. Especially when the presenter accidentally left his fake vagina in the car to melt onto a pile of condoms and had to use a volunteer's hand instead. Doesn't get funnier than that. :)
ETA: P.P.P.S.: According to someone on the FTM Yahoo group, an MSNBC documentary called "Born in the Wrong Body: Girls Will Be Boys" will be rerunning Saturday (today; 2/9) at 3:00pm Eastern. In case anyone's interested.
It's because I'm all excited. I saw a bunch of chalkings today that GLBTF is meeting tomorrow at 7:00. (ETA: And the chalkings even included the trans symbol along with the other ones, which is totally cool.) I just have to figure out which room in the Union is the Frontier Room and I'm all set. And I'll probably even be able to get out in time to watch the new Supernatural, too. So, w00t.
Also, there's a Democratic presidential thing tonight at 7:00. I'll probably go to that too. (And hopefully one of these days I can get registered to vote. I've tried two or three times and nothing's stuck. I think the elections people hate me. >_<)