1. I've decided not to pay for FanStory (well, I could be persuaded otherwise, but since no one looks up to doing that, I'm pretty decided). Everyone there's just too good for me to hope I'd actually get the money. I'll finish up the story and post it over at my nice, free FictionPress account and have that be that.
2. Speaking of finishing stories, I've been finishing an ancient (3+ years old) one for someone on comment_fic, and I'm just about done with it. :)
3. ( Chuck )
4. ( Lie to Me )
5. Ran into Kali on Thursday and lent her Luna. I had it because I was going to read it in the library before class (to finish it officially, y'know), but then I wrote more on "Death and Taxes" (see #2) instead, so it worked out for the best for everybody.
6. ( Flashpoint )
7. ( Numb3rs )
8. ( Harper's Island )
9. ( The homework I haven't been getting done. )
10. ( Why I haven't been getting it done. )
11. ( Amazon is my enabler. )
12. Speaking of Heroes s3, it's on Hulu in its entirety until August 1st. :D
13. ( Castle )
14. ( Intersession: the conclusion of the enrollment saga. )
15. ( Some cool, trans-type happy-news links. )
And I think that's about everything. Until next week!
Don's =D look at the end? I wanted to hug him.
That's all. Just thought you should know.
Oh, and so I can find it later: Heroes Season 3 on BuddyTV
ETA: And I almost forgot, I have a story! Arielle warned someone today for using someone else's ID, so I mentioned to her what I was telling Liam the other day, about feeling annoyed that I hadn't been bothered about mine yet. And she tells me about one day when I got lunch or whatever at Quizno's and actually had to pay with my ID and my coworker Chelsea was working the register instead of Arielle. Apparently Chelsea asked her afterwards, "So does Justin have a twin or something?" Since I look just like the girl on my ID, after all, save the hair and the name. (Arielle said she was like, Oh God, how do I explain this tactfully...?) Lolol. I was amused.
( Today (4-7) )
ETA (9:02pm): Why can't I ever catch a break? Someone's watching a CSI:Miami marathon over in the TV lounge, and a huge group of people is watching some anime thing on the first floor. I wonder how much I'd have missed if I go up to the 12th floor really fast...
ETA (10:02pm): Hooray for the study hall having a TV lounge. Numb3rs was pretty terrifically angsty, but I guess this means I'm going to have to catch it next week, too; I need to see the conclusion to this story arc.
2. I made a 99 on my Logic midterm. W00t.
3. Anyone read Trans Forming Families? I just found out that, even though Amazon hasn't got it, I can still get hooked up through PFLAG, and I'm considering it. Of course, by "considering it" I mean "already wrote the check lolol", but still. Thoughts, opinions, whatever? (And Mom, Dad? Interested? I hear it's good.)
4. Help me pick my first fandom for Week 50 of writing_game! QL again, or Jeremiah?
5. I actually had breakfast today. It was glorious. Except they were out of hashbrowns. :(
6. I should really freaking go to sleep now. 8:30 class across campus for the fail.
P.S.: Will watch Heroes tomorrow night hopefully. I hate having to work through it, but what can ya do.
( Spoiler cut (1x01-2). )
Work, I don't love that we close at 7:00 and I still have to bail out early in order to watch my show. And that there's no way they'll let me do that the rest of the season. Really not loving that. (Thank you, NBC, for putting the episodes online.)
I should sleep now, and that's all there really is to say about that. Except "whoa QL flashbacks" re: the phone booth. And that I lol'd predictably hard when Mohinder said "quantum leap". :D
Also, I've heard exactly one good review of XF:IWTB from the critics, two from fans, and everything else was negative. Now with this unfortuntate business cropping up over in queer_rage, I'm a little worried. Still going to see it, but nervous all the same. (I was trying to stay spoiler-free for this movie, too, but it's been a little dificult. Maybe I should have tried harder.)
Check out that Season 3 trailer. *mind boggles with glee*
OK, now back to your regularly-scheduled programming of "Oh my God, the X-Files movie is coming!" (Yes, I'm a bad fan because I haven't seen the first one yet and, heck, I'm still making my way through the episodes, but I am so going to the freaking theater for that one at some point. Probably scarily soon after it comes out.)
Oh, and speaking of, I now own every season but #2. Barnes and Noble, I love you and your buy-two-get-the-third-free month-long DVD sale. For the freaking win.
And hey, X-Philes on my flist? I'm trying to come up with the name of the ep that got me into the show. Mostly so I can finally see how it ended. See, I discovered it really late one night on TNT, and so I only watched the teaser, and then the VCR decided to fail at life and not tape the rest. All I can remember is that someone's kid (daughter, I think) got kidnapped or something. And I remember the room in the teaser was kind of weirdly dark, in a way I would recognize on sight but can't describe. The ep isn't "Obliette" or "Sein und Zeit". Ideas?
Anyway. Yesterday was my birthday. I'm officially no longer chronologically a teenager anymore. Not sure how I feel about that, but I thought it was worth noting -- if only so all you lovely people can comment with belated birthday wishes. ;-)
And also speaking of fanfic, I had an odd pronoun moment the other day.
In other news: Heroes! Best birthday present a fanatic could ever get, yeah?
At any rate, I'm super glad I got to watch it. Almost had to go to a meeting for a project that's due Thursday (group leader was all "happy birthday! you can download Heroes later." -- not even paraphrasing! harsh, much?), but thankfully I wasn't the only one who wanted to come at 9:00, so he had to let us. We were there forvever, until almost midnight, but it was okay because I had my birthday Heroes. :)
And I think that's about it. Except that the song I'm listening to is totally awesome and you should all go give it a listen. Here's the vid where I found it. (Can't say I've seen the show, but it's a good vid anyway. And as mentioned, the song rules.)
(Oh, and I've moved into my new room across the hall. Roommate hasn't yet, so I get to be by myself for a while. Yay for that. :))
And happy Halloween / Samhain / All Souls, everybody.
Because, in a word, it was awesome. Awesomely awesome.
Mostly, like the Dexter books, by the mere fact of its existence. Because it's BACK hooray!
And I have to say, that end scene, with Peter? Total. Greatness. And they're selling the necklace! http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.
And elsewhere in the TV world: "Journeyman" rocks. Not nearly as confusing as I had thought it would be, and very very cool.
"Life" is...up in the air, at the moment, in my mind. The MC's totally nuts (read a LOT too much Zen in that prison, methinks), but he's kind of endearing. And if nothing else, I'll probably watch just to see what comes of that open case of his.
OK, I think that's all. Last entry for the night. I should, y'know, go to sleep one of these days.