2. Skateboarder Snatches Quran, Prevents Burning. "He said something about burning the Quran. I said, 'Dude, you have no Quran,' and ran off." Rock on, man. Rock the heck on.
But first, news! The judge signed my order today! From the record on the Internet: "ORDER TO CORRECT GENDER DESIGNATION SIGNED 9-13-2010." Yay! XD I assume they'll probably be sending me a copy in the mail.
Other things I'm going to be getting in the mail: Dexter in the Dark, She's Not There, and SN s5. And Sam finally returned my Seeker s1 to me today (and I forgot it at work, haha). :)
So excited for Thursday. I've never been this excited for Career Fair before. It's amazing what nice clothes can do. It's like magic.
Oh, and it seems like every religious organization on campus set up a table next to the sidewalk between Walker and Couch today. It was like a religion gauntlet. "Have you heard of Paradigm?! :DDD" YES OMG IT'S MY FIFTH YEAR, I WOULD HAVE TO BE DEAF, BLIND, AND DEAD NOT TO HAVE HEARD OF PARADIGM. Still not interested, kthx. >_< Thankfully, I survived. I'll have to find a new way out of the building if they're there regularly. I'm not entirely sure they appreciated my presence anyway. "Are you interested?!" "No." "...Well, at least he's honest." Sorry, you guys, there's just only so many of you I can be polite to at once, especially when I'm having a week like this. Try again one at a time and I'd be happy to deliver your flyer to the recycle bin for you.
( 2, 3. Surgery. )
4. ( Cut for TMI. )
5. Finished another part of SP yesterday (and I really do need a SP tag, I think; I'll have to make one eventually), and started part 1. That's three down, two halves to go. I'm concerned I'll have too much for section 2 and not enough for section 1, but we'll see. At least, if all else fails, there's one last Amnesty Wednesday next week.
6. Got billed by OU today for summer. That class I thought I was getting paid for? Apparently since I got course credit, I have to pay tuition. Since, naturally, that's $1600 I can't exactly afford at the moment, I was on the phone with the Bursar's office, and the registrar, and Continuing Ed, and at least three other people, before finally ending up... at the voicemail of the woman I've been corresponding with by email about this class to begin with. D: Yeah. So I just hung up and sent her an email; we'll see where that goes. Wish me luck on playing dumb and begging out of that. ( ETA )
( 7. TV. )
ETA: 8. Finished God Delusion. It was really good. You should read it. See a couple posts back for the download link.
Now to figure out how to contact him and get it printed and in the mail.
ETA: Edited for clarity and to incorporate a change suggested by my parents. (Have to print it out again anyway; the dog ate it. *g* No, really!) Also, I found his contact info, so it'll be going in the mail tomorrow.
( On surgery. Cut for length; TMI-free. )
My plans for tomorrow include depositing my checks (a tax refund and the stipend from my summer class-thing), acquiring a certified check and getting that in the mail to MetroHealth, and possibly going shopping for the various things I'll probably want a month from now (and work shoes, while I'm at it). And probably reading more of God Delusion, because I'm most of the way through Chapter 2 at the moment, and it just keeps getting better. I got thrown off by his quoting that Photoshopped sign as though it was real (anyone know if he's been informed otherwise since publication?), but apart from that, two thumbs up so far. (And this is a pdf I found online for free -- if there's interest, I'll stick it up on 4shared. ETA: Uploaded here.)
For now, though, I think it's time to call it a night.
Tab closing, aka random linkage:
( Cut for length. )
In other news, have a cool article on Julia Serano and Ben Barres and a lolarious post from lower_tadfield. A+.
Speaking of grades: I ended up with an A (Tech Writing), three B's (Theory of Computation, Principles of Programming, and Numerical Methods), and a C (HCI) for this semester. Deserved an A in Theory, had been hoping for a B in HCI, but not failing Principles makes up for that. Basically. All in all, I'm okay with that. (Mostly. I emailed my Theory prof. We'll see.)
Oh, and lastly, I have been continuing to fail at WdM. Sigh. That's the only reason I'm writing this post -- because I opened my fic notebook, took one look at SP, and literally sighed out loud, slumped over, and had to use this to procrastinate. *sad panda* But as far as lgbtfest goes, at least I have my Seeker fill to look forward to on the 28th! :D
Pseudo-ETA: Oh, and my class has been going alright. Light-speed, though, geez! Unrelatedly, have some epic win: 65 Million Years With a Creationist.
1. Supernatural season 6 spoilers. Huh. I can has s6 nao plz? (And regardless if that's Sam or not, I'm not backing down -- that was, at the very least, not 100% Sam this time. Lucifer and all that blood can't have been good for him, you ask me.)
2. Cute dog rides turtle. :DDDD
3. For 99 years, OED got it wrong. Ha! At least Wikipedia doesn't take a century to figure out when it's screwed up! ;)
1. I ought to hear back from Medalie's secretary Valerie about my July 2nd date any day now. From there, it's just travel plans, possibly some more paperwork, and practicing how to pronounce his name (because I've been mispronouncing it in my head for years, argh). (And happily, Zera's big on photography, so she'll be the designated Trip Picture-Taker/Video-Camera-Wielder; I expect you'll have a record of anything interesting to look forward to either here or on YT, once July rolls around.)
2. I'm also in the middle of my Letter of Defection from the RCC (which I randomly found out about from here; hooray for undirected Internet browsing). I'm really irritated to hear it's necessary to do this at all (the idea that they count as members everyone who was ever baptized into the church is bullshit, frankly), but all the same I'm kind of excited that I get to. It's like doing course evaluations when you hated the teacher -- it'll be fun. *evil grin*
3. Supernatural 5x21, you guys! I was incoherent. And that preview! O_O You can find my thoughts over at Dime's recap post, if you're so inclined.
4. Finally got an appointment for that haircut I've needed for about three weeks, lol. Oh, phones, why must you be so intimidating?
5. Incredibly behind on WdM. Sigh. Someone pick me another (besides 4) number between 1 and 5? 4 was really helpful, benebu -- I got started! \o/ -- but unfortunately, that section is now already ~150 words. And nowhere near done. Meaning that this fic is going to be a hell of a lot longer than the 5 sections, 200 words/section that I'd intended. ...Unfortunately. Because we all know how I am with long stories. D: Wish me luck! (Anyone want a word war?)
Anyway, while I'm on the subject, this'll be the Religion, Part 2 post I mentioned I was planning. (Here's a link to Part 1 in case you missed it.)
( Cut for length. )
I'm too tired to share my thoughts on all those right now, except that I find them fascinating, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. (Let's just keep it all calm and civil, please [which I say only because, y'know, this is the Internet, after all].)
Off to go to sleep (and to continue reminding myself that my lack of belief is valid, my being visible is important, and my parents have had plenty of other cause to disown me and haven't yet! ;) -- because I don't want an ulcer, lol.).
ETA: Sorry, didn't notice the font went wonky with the block quotes; fixed now!
Second: Speaking of HT, I have bunnies. One is HT/White Collar, which, all that business in "Baptiste" is a perfectly logical reason for Neal to hate guns, don't you think? And/or, I could see Geurrero and Mozzie as friends/acquaintances/partners in crime. And the second one is HT/Leverage, which I'm sure could work somehow. Or just be awesome. Along with that HT/BN that I mentioned previously. Seriously, someone should write me one. I'd love you forever. :D
Third, and the point of the post: Speaking of bunnies! lgbtfest opened for prompt submisions today, and there are already so many epically awesome ones! ( Giant, very multifandom list of my favorite-so-far lgbtfest prompts. That you should totally write. ) And, yeah, this really is the short list. I promise. >_< Aren't they awesome?! (Hopefully someone else writes the BN one so I don't have to!) I'll probably be prompting some DB and a bunch of repeats, myself.
Fourth: I've been randomly reading far more than is healthy about a) privilege, and b) religion (and some lulzy religious fail) in the past few days, and, on those lines, atheistcartoons.com has really lulzy cartoons. This one, however, is not so much lulzy as trufax (and happens to be the intersection of (a) and (b)). Unchecked Christian privilege ftl. Sigh.
Finally: Anyone want to make a sign? Due date's the 9th.
Oh, and also this. Mine's the headstone one. ("Body", get it? Hehe. ...Well, I thought it was clever. Shut up. ;))
I'm sure I'll come up with something else in a minute, but for now, that's it.
ETA: Alicia got back to me; it's fine -- she's proud of me, even. Hopefully she'll stop starting all her sentences with "girl" soon. :-/
2. I went to Tom Thumb on Saturday on an errand for my mom and I got "mister"ed by the guy at the register. And I wasn't even binding. (Went back today and got "she"d by two people, but you win some, you lose some, I guess.)
3. I also went to church yesterday and put Simon on my nametag. I know I got read by at least one person (I was recognized), and I freaked one lady out for a second ("No, I'm not new; I think you knew me when I was a girl...?" "Oh. ....OH. o_o"), but they're UUs. It was fine. :D
4. My parents asked me to consider going to a counselor at their church while I'm here. Basically so that they can eventually go with me and start working on their own issues and whatnot. Which would be nice, since they seem to be under the mistaken impression that they can't ever use male pronouns for me because I'm anatomically a girl -- when, really, I'd like to know how often they ask people to drop their pants just to make sure they're using the right pronouns. 9_9 So it'd probably not be a bad thing, but I'm not sure a Catholic church is the place for it, you know? *shrug*
5. Still haven't found a job. :(
6. And I went swimming today for the first time this summer, in my new swim trunks and swim shirt. It was fun. And getting the wet binder off was not as involved a process as I'd anticipated, so that was nice.
OK, I think that's it, and my time's up, anyway. Will post again when I can.
1. Today was Flower Communion day at church. (You can read more about it here, if you're interested.) It was my first one, and it was really neat. My church rocks; I'm glad to be back home so I can go again.
2. I went to Kohl's and returned the giant clothes and got different ones. All is well.
3. My parents are less-than-thrilled with my grades so far, plus they really want me to get a job this summer, so they're limiting my computer time to 30 min/day starting tomorrow until I get a job. Just so you know why I won't be on that often for a while. >_<
Hopefully I'll still be wriitng, but the inspiration seems to be running thin at the moment, too, unfortunately. *sigh*
Lots of stuff's been happening lately. I went home for Labor Day weekend, and that was nice. We had a party-type thing at our house with a bunch of relatives and their SOs and my cousin's insanely hyper puppy. It was fun.
And I got to go back to my church again, since I was home and all. That was cool. Even brought a friend; figured at least we'd get to see each other that way. :) It, also, was fun. And one of the leader-people there promised to get ahold of the hard copy for the "Harry Potter and the UU Principles" sermon they're having in a couple weeks, if there is one, and save it for me, since I have to miss it. So I'm happy about that, because, come on: A Harry Potter sermon? That's a can't-miss if I've ever heard one.
Anyway, I should get to the homework. Until next time!
...I get to go to a concert (Evanescence, Korn) with a friend of mine from church named Josh. Which is exciting, And I got bored waiting for him to come, so I decided to post an entry.
I leave tomorrow for school. Not sure how I feel about that, kinda nervous and happy at the same time. *shrug* I mean, I want to see my OU friends again and definitely hit up the GLBTF meetings, but at the same time, it feels like summer lasted about a week. Could sure go for some more of that, and not having to worry about Thermo and Statics and Physics with the horrible prof they weren't supposed to make us have but then it changed.
Hopefully, someone in GLBTF will go to one of the Norman UU churches and be able to take me, since I'm gonna miss my church and need a new one. And this is where not having a car is annoying.
And hopefully I can maybe make more sense out of what I'm feeling, gender-wise, while I'm at it. I mean, I just added SpikeyAnnie's post (here: http://spikeyannie.livejournal.com/
And now, I should end this, since Josh'll be here soon.